Decorations show how creative a person is and it also shows their patience because it takes time and dedication to do it. It also helps people by entertaining them for a while. Decor gives a place a personal and sentimental feeling because it represents you as a person, family or business. In a business, decorating is important because it gives sophistication and style to the place which makes it unique. Decor let the mind blow away and distract from the world. You can be yourself and express it through art. Decorating lets each individual express the interior. Furthermore, studies have shown that it also has a psychological influence on people.
Authors Mary Jo Weale, James W. Croake, and Bruce Weale have argued of how decor is shown in different environments:
1. through the senses – sight, touch, taste, hearing, and smell. In decor sensory engagement is the most crucial factor and it is important while selling a house because people will give a look at it and if they like what they see they would buy it. A mixture of emotions and feeling are attached to things and decor.
2. Through time and by moment – through space. Memories come to your mind if you see something antique and it can represent your entire life or history.
3. Through reasoning or thought – memory or imagination.
4. Through emotions, both pleasant and unpleasant. “Our lives are awash with memories, and the home is, in many ways, a museum of comfort, where all these memories can be gathered and cherished.” (Carolyn Purnell) Memories would always be in life but you decide how to organize them.
5. Through anticipation or expectation. You have expectations of how you want your room to look like. For example, you have an exact place for your pants and another one for the knifes. You can anticipate how things are going to be. How decor influences our lives and how others perceive us and the world are fantastic. people can determine how people character and what they like it.